Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Kristen & Tyler Engagement

The first time I met Kristen was in the beer garden after the Jingle Bell Run in downtown Seattle in the winter of 2011. Tyler was just her boyfriend at the time, and I had become friends with his sister Shayne through a crossfit gym. I never met Tyler until this engagement session, but I had heard A LOT of funny stories about him and Kristen from his sister, so I knew I'd be having a great time with these two! 
During a kickboxing class one day at the gym, Shayne told me about her brother proposing to Kristen. I think she was still in shock! She never expected her baby bro to be settling down so soon, even though their family was constantly pestering him about how Kristen was the one! 
Their engagement story is like one you only read in a book or see in a movie. Tyler went the extra mile to make that day as special as possible! The day began in downtown Seattle where the two took a ride in the infamous Seattle Ferris Wheel on the waterfront. Romantic, right? He couldn't pass up the opportunity to play a little joke on Kristen though, so he said "Kristen Olson..." as he reached into his pocket...pulled out two pieces of gum and said "Will you share some gum with me??" What a stinker-huh?! ;) 
He well made up for it by surprising Kristen with a ride in a sea plane up to Bellingham where they had a romantic picnic and he asked her to spend the rest of their lives together. 
I can't wait for January when I am able to capture these two on one of the most important days of their lives! 


No comments:

Post a Comment